News Breakfast: Pantry Granola
Posted 8 Sep 2020
ABC News Breakfast 8 September 2019
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup brown rice flakes
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup roughly crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup roughly crushed pecans
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup dried cranberry
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1/2 c veg/peanut oil
- Preheat oven to 160C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Pop all of your chosen dry ingredients into a big bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the maple syrup and oil in a small saucepan until it starts to bubble.
- Pour the syrup over the dry ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon or silicon spatula.
- Spread granola mix over the lined oven tray. Whack into the oven.
- After 5 minutes, pull the tray out and stir the mix around. Do this again 3 more times, for 20 minutes in total (or 25 minutes if you’d prefer a slightly more golden granola!). On the last stir around, mix through your orange zest.
- Allow the mix to cool on the tray.
- Transfer to airtight container(s) and store in a cool dark place for up to 3 months.
- Serve with milk, yoghurt, berries, banana, or just scoff straight out of the jar.